The Rack is where you mostly compose your output by adding and removing Clips, loading Patches, starting and stopping Slots.
The rack has 2 Buses each having 4 layers with 8 channels. The bus can be quick selected by using the 'A' or 'B' buttons, and each slot is assigned to the keyboard as indicated by its label.
TIP: You can switch back and forth the active Bus by using the TAB key.
Bus A is on the left and Bus B is on the right. In the middle is the 'Trashcan' and the Workbench slot.
The current selected slot (shown by the yellow box outline), has its details displayed in the slot parameters panel below the rack.
You drag and drop
- Clips from the Library to the Rack
- Between the Workbench and Rack
- Between any slot on the Rack, swapping and moving the Clips around
- From the Rack to the Trashcan to Eject Clips
Slot playback and slot triggering options have some global controls. These are either side of the top section of the screen as shown above.
The left hand panel
The large dial controls the playback speed of everything (except if a plugin ignores it!), you can slow to a stop, or speed up as frenetic as possible. The small button next to the speed readout resets to default.
- Master Level (Fade Screens to and from black)
- OFF - auto fades in and out of black or user configured interlude setup
- RV - reverses all playback
- || - Pauses all playback
- ! - tap 8 times to set a BPM. This is used to calculate / auto speed clip playback when the 'NB' option is enabled
- NB - (Nearest Bar/Beat): for any clips triggered when this is enabled, adjust the clip speed so its total playback length fits to the the nearest power of 2 bars. e.g which ever of the these bar counts would change the playback speed the least 1 bar, 2 bars, 4,8 16,32 etc... (if the clip is very short then will fit to beat)
The right hand panel
This panel has 2 areas,
Transition Speed (TX) controls
This is the speed that any slot transitions or trigger auto crossfades will run at. It can hold 2 settings at a time, which can be toggled using the 'ALT' button.
The 'x10' button multiples the TX value by ten, given a total range of 0 > 60 seconds. The small button next to the TX readout, resets to the default value.
Trigger behavior controls
The other buttons effect slots as they are played.
- RT1, RT2, RT4, RT8 (re-trigger) - when enabled will re-trigger from the next start frame, when disabled slots continue from their last frame played. RT1 always starts on the first frame, RT2 toggles between first frame and 50% of clip length, RT4 splits the clip into 4 parts, rolls through first frame, 25% 50% 75%, and RT8 splits the clip into 8 parts
- RTT - Retrigger to next Take range, only applicable if the clip is using an edited Take.
- RLP - Range Loop (loop on the current Retrigger range).
- <> - Bounce Mode, all triggered clips will start in Bounce mode.
- AP - Auto Play, clips will start playing as soon as they are dropped into a Rack slot.
- AS - (auto select): when enabled will auto select each slot as it is triggered
- KU - (key-up): when enabled will stop slot playback on key release or midi off command.
- TG - (Toggle): when enabled will stop/start slots when triggered
Then there are FX trigger options, for the current selected slot/bus/screen effects stack.
- XAP - (FX auto play): all FX will auto fade into mix when drop into an FX slot.
- XAS - (FX auto select): when enabled auto select each FX slot when triggered.
- XKU - (FX key-up): when enabled, will turn effect off on key release or midi off command.
- XTG - (FX toggle): when enabled trigger toggles FX on and off.