The Rack is where you mostly compose your output by adding and removing Clips, loading Patches, starting and stopping Slots.
The rack has 2 Buses each having 4 layers with 8 channels. The bus can be quick selected by using the 'A' or 'B' buttons, and each slot is assigned to the keyboard as indicated by its label.
TIP: You can switch back and forth the active Bus by using the TAB key.
Bus A is on the left and Bus B is on the right. In the middle is the 'Trashcan' and the Workbench slot.
The current selected slot (shown by the yellow box outline), has its details displayed in the slot parameters panel below the rack.
You drag and drop
- Clips from the Library to the Rack
- Between the Workbench and Rack
- Between any slot on the Rack, swapping and moving the Clips around
- From the Rack to the Trashcan to Eject Clips
- Each layer has a 'Muted' and 'Solo' option, and a manual in the mix override
Slot playback and slot triggering options have some global controls. These are either side of the top section of the screen as shown above.
Master Speed and overrides
The large dial controls the playback speed of everything (except if a plugin ignores it!), you can slow to a stop, or speed up as frenetic as possible. The small button next to the speed readout resets to default.
- Master Level (Fade Screens to and from black)
- OFF - auto fades in and out of black or user configured interlude setup
- The horizontal slider is a Global Speed override control with reset button
- Pause, 1/4, x4, x16 override options
- RV - reverses all playback
- Beat Tap - tap 8 times to set a BPM. This is used to calculate / auto speed clip playback when the 'NB' option is enabled
- Sync - re-triggers all playing slots and tapes from start points
- NB - (Nearest Bar/Beat): for any clips triggered when this is enabled, adjust the clip speed so its total playback length fits to the the nearest power of 2 bars. e.g which ever of the these bar counts would change the playback speed the least 1 bar, 2 bars, 4,8 16,32 etc... (if the clip is very short then will fit to beat)
Playback style and HotCues
This panel has 3 areas,
Trigger behavior controls
The other buttons effect slots as they are played.
- LP (Loop playback), <> Bounce playback, < Play in reverse. These are become the default playback state for any triggered slots which haven been locked into a their own play state. (see slot details)
- RT (re-trigger) and slice count - when enabled will re-trigger from the next start frame, when disabled slots continue from their last frame played. Slice counts, 1 always starts on the first frame, 2 toggles between first frame and 50% of clip length, 4 splits the clip into 4 parts, rolls through first frame, 25% 50% 75%, and 8 splits the clip into 8 parts
- LTP - Loop on Trigger Points, loop within current trigger points.
- PTP - Progress Trigger Points, next trigger starts on next point.
- KU - (key-up): when enabled will stop slot playback on key release or midi off command.
- TG - (Toggle): when enabled will stop/start slots when triggered
- AS - (auto select): when enabled will auto select each slot as it is triggered
Note: there is an Auto Play option in the User Configuration panel which will cause clips to start playing as soon as they are dropped into a Rack slot.
Then there are FX trigger options, for the current selected slot/bus/screen effects stack.
- XKU - (FX key-up): when enabled, will turn effect off on key release or midi off command.
- XAP - (FX auto play): all FX will auto fade into mix when drop into an FX slot.
- XAS - (FX auto select): when enabled auto select each FX slot when triggered.
Transition Speed (TX) controls
This is the speed that any slot transitions or trigger auto crossfades will run at.
Hot Cue options (H1 - H8, CLR)
Hot cues allow you to capture and restore a set of global states. i.e. snapshot EVERYTHING the is currently Active so you can restore to the current playing state at will.
There are 8 hot cue slots.